It's week 42 now...
$ date +"%W" 42In week 45 I'm likely going to release delphinusdnsd 1.5.0. It may happen on the friday the 13th of November. But that isn't a definite date. It could happen before that. 0 comments
I'm considering whether I want to continue delphinusdns project for another five years or longer. I'll be nearing 50 y.o. in 2025 and I'm itching to do another project before I die. Continuing until age 59 as I had previously thought would work I'm putting my doubts on it. So I'm gonna say that I'm going to pass the torch possibly before the 2.0 release. I will maintain delphinusdnsd as a download but may not actively work on it as a single entity after 1.9. I still want to put secure dns updates into this, and continue putting cool stuff into this. Five years is a long time and twenty years for the entire project length is a human generation. We'll see I have five years to consider this. I may start parallel projects next year to test the water what I can do and what is possible. We'll see.0 comments
I have written down which issues delphinusdnsd fails on here is the list:
I have added an AXFR bytelimit (configured within an rzone) to delphinusdnsd in replicant mode. The default bytelimit is 64 MB which should be enough for most zones. Maximum bytelimit is 4GB. Keep this in mind when using delphinusdnsd as a replicant.1 comment
I'm changing the algorithm on delphinusdns.org to alg 13. To do this I have to take the zone out of DNSSEC for a day or two, which is the easiest way because there is recursive servers out there that can't do an algorithm rollover correctly. I already tested this with a test zone (dtschland.eu). These changes will be done next week, possibly starting tomorrow. The steps are 1. remove the DS entry at .org level, 2. wait 86400 seconds (TTL) 3. remove DNSKEY 4. wait 86400 seconds (TTL) 5. install new keys and sign. 6. upload new DS entry to registrar for .org level insertion. I'm also doing this for three other zones in parallel. Extra caution has to be done at the centroid.eu zone because it has a DANE setup which I may have to disable for these two days.1 comment
With this commit I took out old backward compatibility for OpenSSL before 1.0.1. Since LibreSSL is portable across many platforms and we rely on that for NetBSD and OpenBSD there is not much need for this compatibility code anymore. It will be reflected in the 1.5.0 release by next month.0 comments
On friday of this week you'll see the first "on this day" entries. Happy Anniversary Delphinusdns blog!0 comments
Please update your configs starting with tomorrows snapshots. Commit comment here.1 comment
OpenBSD 6.8 is in beta. That gives around 1 month of testing for this OS before it is released. I checked and OpenBSD 6.2 was in beta on August 20th, 2017 and it was released on October 9th, 2017, so judging by how long this takes it took them 40 days. So given the release mid October for OpenBSD, delphinusdnsd will be about 2 weeks later, but before November. We'll see. This pegging to OpenBSD is only for this year, I don't plan on doing this too often. Delphinusdnsd is developed on OpenBSD for what it's worth.0 comments
September is almost around. Two things need to be done before I roll the 1.5.0 release.
On this day in
By clicking on the header of an article you will be served a cookie. If you do not agree to this do not click on the header. Thanks!
Using a text-based webbrowser?
... such as lynx? Welcome back it's working again for the time being.
Older Blog Entries